Enjoy the best of both worlds in this day tour that brings you to explore the most scenic coastal route in Taiwan (Highway 11), and wander valleys bordered by mountain ranges (East Rift Valley).
Highway 11 is often referred to as the most beautiful road to drive along in the whole of Taiwan with the Pacific Ocean on one side and the coastal mountain ranges on the other.
Flanked by the Central mountain ranges to the west and the Coastal mountain ranges to the east, the East Rift Valley National Scenic Area reminds one of a realm hidden away from the rest of the world.
Start of the day with a relaxing drive along the coast to Baqi Gazebo, where you will be presented with views of the Pacific Ocean and the coastal mountain ranges within one frame. Then, take a short hike up Dashibi Hill; a short trail situated right next to the coast. Following that, enjoy unique sights of paddy fields right next to the coast at Xinshe and volcanic wave-cut platforms at Shitiping.
In the afternoon, after lunch, check out a secret spot which was used to film the movie ‘Silence.’ Then, explore the plains of the East Rift Valley. Enjoy unique ice cream flavors at the Guangfu sugar mill, then take a stroll in ‘Morisaka’; once a Japanese logging village in the 1920s. End of the day with a relaxing stroll along Liyu lake.
• 09:00 Pick up [Pick up from your hotel/b&b/train station in Hualien City.]
• 09:30 Baqi Gazebo
• 10:00 Daishibi Hill
• 11:00 Xinshe Coastal Rice Terraces
• 11:30 Shitiping Scenic Area
• 12:00 Lunch
• 13:00 “Secret Spot” [The movie "沈默 - Silence" mostly taken scenes here!]
• 14:00 Guangfu Sugar Factory
• 15:00 "Morisaka" Tree Logging Area [ Former largest logging operation in east Taiwan.]
• 16:00 Liyu Lake
• 17:30 Drop off [Drop off at your hotel/b&b in Hualien City.]