About This Tour
Duration: 8 hours
Location: Hualien City, Taiwan
Product Code: 10164P2
If you are looking for some challenges and take your tour in Taroko Gorge to the next level, Zhuilu Old Trail is definitely where you should visit. Visitors are allowed to walking on the cliff path to have an astonishing view of the gorge. The tour guide will keep you company to explain the history and take great pictures at the best shooting spots. There is a daily capacity on the number of visitors, and it requires permits for hiking this breathtaking trail. A peace of mind for your adventure journey!
From the trail
- 0 km: Zhuilu Suspension Bridge – Green long suspension bridge above Liwu river, giving you a unique perspective of the gorge. Exclusive to the hikers only.
- 1 km: Badagang Outpost– Historic aboriginal settlement. It used to be the biggest Japanese checkpoint in Zhuilu Old Trail.
- 1.2 km: Badagang Suspension Bridge – Another suspension bridge where travelers rest. It’s enjoyable to stand/sit on the bridge for the breeze and the view down to the gorge.
After the trail (bonus)
- 2.4 km: Zhuilu Old Trail Cliff Path– From here it begins with the highlight of the tour. A long and narrow path on the edge of the cliff. The view up here is simply astonishing. It's once in a lifetime experience.
- Swallow Grotto – The most well-known attraction in Taroko National Park. From here you are able to see how the erosion separated the mountain to form the greatest marble gorge in Asia.
Please note that the itinerary is subjected to change due to the potential interferences like weather, road traffic control, road damage and condition of each attraction. Under the above circumstances, the tour guide might alter the itinerary and find other attractions to replace.
- Chingshui Cliff – A secret and epic attraction to understand how the cliff got elevated from the bottom of the Pacific Ocean by the force of the earthquake.
Type of Activity
Tours & Sightseeing > Full-day Tours >
Type of Booking
Confirmation from supplier in 12-48 hours of booking.
Voucher Option For This Activity
The local operator accepts both printed and electronic vouchers (e-vouchers). If you travel with a mobile device, simply show your Photo ID and present your e-voucher on your Smartphone or tablet on the day of travel.
Local Operator Information: Complete operator information including local telephone numbers at your destination,
are included in your Confirmation Voucher.
Product Managers select only the most experienced and relible operators in each destination,
removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind